Dr. Konstantin Schauwecker
PLEASE NOTE: I am no longer a member of the chair of cognitive systems. Therefore, this website will no longer be updated. If you are looking for any recent information about me, please visit my personal website.
- Oct. 2003 - Feb. 2008: Studies of Software Engineering and Media Informatics at the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. Graduated as a graduate engineer.
- Feb. 2008 - Feb. 2009: Employed as Software Engineer at STZ-Softwaretechnik, Esslingen (part of IT-Designers Group). Appointed to Thales Air Systems GmbH.
- Mar. 2009 - Nov. 2009: Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Mar. 2010 - Dec. 2010: Master of Science in Computer Science at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Thesis title: "Vertical Road Profile Modelling Using Stereo-Vision and B-Spline Curves".
- Feb. 2011 - Mar. 2014: Part-time Software engineer at STZ-Softwaretechnik, Esslingen (part of IT-Designers Group). Appointed to Thales Air Systems GmbH and Robert Bosch GmbH
- Feb. 2011 - Apr. 2014: Part-time PhD student at the University of Tübingen. Research area: Robot Vision. Date of thesis defense: July 11, 2014.
- Apr. 2014 - June 2014: Full-time software engineer at STZ-Softwaretechnik, Esslingen (part of IT-Designers Group). Appointed to Robert Bosch GmbH.
- July 2014 - June 2015: Software engineer at IT-Designers GmbH, Esslingen (part of IT-Designers Group). Appointed to Robert Bosch GmbH and Daimler AG.
- Since July 2015: Founder of Nerian Vision Technologies. Specializing in real-time machine vision applications such as stereo vision.
- Computer / Robot Vision
- Stereo Vision
Awards and Honors
- Award of the Eberhard-Herter Stiftung for outstanding achievements in the studies of information technologies at the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, 2008.
- Award of the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences for the best degree in Software Engineering and Media Informatics in the winter semester 2007/2008.
- Prize of the computer science department of the University of Auckland for the best postgraduate diploma in 2009.
- Robust and Efficient Volumetric Occupancy Mapping: A method for the creation of volumetric occupancy maps. This method was specifically designed to provide robust results when used in conjunction with noisy measurements, as they result from stereo matching.
- exFAST / HPSSM: An efficient sparse stereo analysis algorithm that applies a dense consistency check, leading to accurate matching results. Matching accuracy is further improved by the new feature detector exFAST, which is based on FAST but exhibits a less clustered feature distribution.
|||Konstantin Schauwecker and Andreas Zell. Robust and Efficient Volumetric Occupancy Mapping with an Application to Stereo Vision. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pages 6102-6107, Hong Kong, China, May 2014. [ pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker and Andreas Zell. On-Board Dual-Stereo-Vision for the Navigation of an Autonomous MAV. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 74(1-2):1-16, January 2014. [The final publication is available at link.springer.com]. [ link | pdf ]|
|||Shaowu Yang, Sebastian A. Scherer, Konstantin Schauwecker, and Andreas Zell. Autonomous Landing of MAVs on Arbitrarily Textured Landing Sites using Onboard Monocular Vision. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 74(1-2):27-43, 2014. [ DOI | details | link | pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker and Andreas Zell. On-Board Dual-Stereo-Vision for Autonomous Quadrotor Navigation. In International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), pages 332-341, Atlanta, GA, USA, May 2013. IEEE. [ link | pdf ]|
|||Shaowu Yang, Sebastian A. Scherer, Konstantin Schauwecker, and Andreas Zell. Onboard Monocular Vision for Landing of an MAV on a Landing Site Specified by a Single Reference Image. In 2013 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS'13), pages 317-324, Atlanta, GA, USA, May 2013. [ details | link | pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker, Reinhard Klette, and Andreas Zell. A New Feature Detector and Stereo Matching Method for Accurate High-Performance Sparse Stereo Matching. In IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pages 5171-5176, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, October 2012. IEEE. [ link | pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker, Nan Rosemary Ke, Sebastian A. Scherer, and Andreas Zell. Markerless Visual Control of a Quad-Rotor Micro Aerial Vehicle by Means of On-Board Stereo Processing. In 22nd Conference on Autonomous Mobile Systems (AMS), pages 11-20, Stuttgart, Germany, September 2012. Springer. [ link | pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker, Sandino Morales, Simon Hermann, and Reinhard Klette. A Comparative Study of Stereo-Matching Algorithms for Road-Modeling in the Presence of Windscreen Wipers. In IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), pages 7-12, Baden-Baden, Germany, June 2011. IEEE. [ link ]|
|||Reinhard Klette, Je Ahn, Ralf Haeusler, Simon Herman, Jinsheng Huang, Waqar Khan, Sathiamoorthy Manoharan, Sandino Morales, John Morris, Radu Nicolescu, FeiXiang Ren, Konstantin Schauwecker, and Xi Yang. Advance in Vision-Based Driver Assistance. In Electric Technology and Civil Engineering (ICETCE), pages 987-990, Lushan, China, April 2011. IEEE. [ link ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker, Simon van den Hurk, Wallace Yuen, and Burkhard Wünsche. Sketched Interaction Metaphors for Character Animation. In International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (GRAPP), pages 247-252, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, March 2011. Springer. [ pdf ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker and Reinhard Klette. A Comparative Study of Two Vertical Road Modelling Techniques. In ACCV Workshop: Computer Vision in Vehicle Technology, pages 174-183, Queenstown, New Zealand, November 2010. Springer. [ link ]|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker. Konzeption und Realisierung eines konfigurierbaren Software-in-the-Loop-Systems unter Einsatz von C# und .NET zum Test von Emissionsanalysesystemen. Diplomarbeit, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Germany, 2008.|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker. Vertical Road Profile Modelling Using Stereo-Vision and B-Spline Curves. MSc thesis, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2011.|
|||Konstantin Schauwecker. Stereo Vision for Autonomous Micro Aerial Vehicles. PhD thesis, University of Tübingen, Germany, 2014. [ link ]|
Address, Phone, Fax, Email
- Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
- Wilhelm-Schickard-Institut für Informatik
- Lehrstuhl Kognitive Systeme
- Sand 1
- D - 72076 Tübingen
- Fax: (+49/0) 7071 / 29 5091
- Email: email@example.com
- Wilhelm-Schickard-Institut für Informatik